Join Alki Tours on River Raft The Grand Canyon
September 14-18, 2018
$2399 per person/do
Single supplement $179
Includes 3 flights, helicopter, motorized raft and jet boat
Few adventures earn the moniker of 'Trip of a lifetime' as regularly as rafting the Grand Canyon, America's most famous natural landmark. Ironically, million of people get the broad overview of the Canyon but only a lucky few are able to raft it . This 'soft adventure' canyon trip is perfect for the family. Your adrenaline-filled holiday starts with a flight to Las Vegas. Spend the first night seeing the sights in Vegas, then the next morning the excitement continues as we board a plane for a scenic flight to the Bar 10 Ranch. You will love this night's stay. Cowboys, campfires, skeet shootin'-it's all included. The next morning begins with an exciting helicopter trip to the bottom of the canyon to begin our river rafting journey. Our expert guides await to navigate the waters of he lower 100 miles of the canyon. Here, the Colorado River's famous rapids, though still exciting, are a bit tamer. The scenery is astounding. Massive sandstone cliffs conjure up imaginary shapes. Hidden waterfalls and pools carve their way down to the river. Wildlife is abundant, with frequent sightings of Blue Heron, soaring hawks, eagles and majestic Big Horn sheep. At night, the canyon walls unveil a heaven of innumerable stars. To exit the canyon we will transfer from our rafts to a jetboat for a thrilling trip to Pearce Ferry. Our final night is spent in Vegas for a few more thrills before heading back to Seattle. This soft adventure is perfect to get a taste of the mighty Colorado River and Grand Canyon. It will surely rank as one of the best trips that you will ever experience.
Eligibility Criteria for Rafting Trips
1. Be 8 years or older for a motorized trip or 12 years or older for an oar-powered trip, and be accompanied by an adult if under the age of 18.
2. Be able to properly wear provided Coast Guard approved personal flotation device.
3. Remain seated and balanced on raft, with the assistance of hand-held straps, through rapids. We use large motorized rafts
4. Board and exit the raft independently or with the assistance of a companion.
5. Be able to assist in self water rescue.
6. Be able to comprehend and follow instructions.
NOTE : All tour prices are based on a cash discount. A 4% fee will be added to any tour paid by credit card.
Copyright© 1998-2018 Alki Tours